Let's take a look at how the Unity package is organized.
- FloatGrids works with any render pipeline. Use URP for a hight quality visuals.
- FloatGrids uses Text Mesh Pro with a customized Style Sheet
The Color Palette tool is used to set your own color palette in the FloatGrids Unity package so that you can use this palette across all the FloatGrids UI components and potential new ones you create. Learn more in how to customize your color palette
All FloatGrids UI components already use the color in the Color Palette tool. In order to apply the colors to new components, use the Token Selector component.
Use the Token Selector to apply tokens in images and texts. Every token is attached to a solid color in the Color Palette tool. Learn more in how to customize your color palette
FG Color Token Selector component
FG Panel position allows you to position your panels or any object right in the eye's comfort area of your users.
- Distance to Child: Is the distance from the XR Rig to the Canvas
- Child Scale: Is the scale of the Canvas
- Distance Scale Match: Allows you to match the distance and the scale. Ex: our panel is intend to be at 2m from the user. So it should be scaled at x2.
- Child Height: Are the degrees of inclination from the XR Rig
Token: Is a color designed for a specific use. For instance hover or pressed states. Tokens have always a solid color assigned. So two tokens can be exactly the same solid color. Visit Color Palette to learn more
Token Family: Is a group of tokens. For instance, the token style Text has three tokens, Primary, Secondary and Disabled. Visit Color Palette to learn more
UI Component: Is a piece of UI. Button, List item, Modal, Toggle, Checkbox, etc.
Template: Is a group of UI components that work together in order to accomplish a task. Like the Onboarding or Settings view. Visit Templates to learn more
FloatGrids Color Palette tool: Is a tool that allows you to manage the color palette. Visit Color Palette to learn more
Color FG Color Token Selector component: Is a FloatGrids Unity component used to assign any token to any image or text. Visit Color Palette to learn more